News

Moment furious dad attacks ‘paedo who raped his daughter, 14,’ after setting trap on Instagram & inviting him to home


THIS is the dramatic moment an Aussie dad confronts a suspected paedophile who allegedly raped his 14-year-old daughter. 

The teen’s parents lured Jamil Chowdhury, 22, to their home and restrained him after laying a trap by pretending to be their daughter on Instagram, a court heard. 

7NEWS

Footage shows the shocking moment an Aussie dad confronts a suspected paedophile who allegedly raped his 14-year-old daughter[/caption]

7NEWS

Police later arrived at the scene and arrested Chowdhury[/caption]

7NEWS

Chowdhury had allegedly exchanged “a high number” of messages with the teen on Instagram since December last year, a court heard[/caption]

Chowdhury had allegedly exchanged “a high number” of messages with the teen on Instagram since December last year, a court heard. 

He is accused of engaging in oral sex with the 14-year-old and performing a sex act on her during a January 2 attack at her home in Sydney, Australia. 

According to police, the girl’s mum became aware of the messages the pair had been sending after their first sexual encounter.

She claims she warned Chowdhury to stay away as her daughter was underage – but the pair allegedly continued to message after Chowdhury created another account, 7News reports.

Sydney’s Fairfield Court heard that Chowdhury allegedly tried to visit the teen at her home on Monday night – but her family were waiting for him and restrained him until police arrived.

A dramatic clip shows the moment the dad holds Chowdhury down as he cowers on the couch with his head in his hands. 

The dad told 7News that they locked Chowdhury inside the house after he entered. 

He said: “When he came in I got behind my daughter, closed the door and grabbed him on the neck.”

Facebook

In a police interview, Chowdhury denied all charges against him – and claimed his alleged victim had signed into his account and faked the conversations[/caption]

Cops were later called to the home and Chowdhury was arrested. 

In a police interview, Chowdhury denied all charges against him – and claimed his alleged victim had signed into his account and faked the conversations. 

A magistrate said yesterday that it was highly unlikely that Chowdhury’s version of events was true, the Daily Telegraph reported. 


Chowdhury’s application for bail was rejected on Tuesday afternoon by Magistrate Theo Tsavdaridis. 

He was ordered to reappear in court on February 9.